Tron Court Improvements Update
Clackmannanshire Council, have been undertaking significant works in the Tron Court Shopping Precinct and surrounding area as part of the Village & Small Town Centre Initiative programme. The works has includes the removal of dilapidated canopies, upgrading of render to residential properties, new door entry systems, lighting and foot way upgrades.
The project is now in it’s final phase of works which will see the the removal of existing raised beds / tree roots, re surfacing work to the precinct, new free standing cantilevered lean-to glazed canopies, formation of additional parking spaces, pedestrian crossing, new lighting to precinct, new seating, new drainage including SUDS system, provision of semi mature trees / feature hedging, item of play equipment, new refuse bins / stainless steel seating ,removal of small trees to the main car park off Ochil Street and alterations to form the new stepped access/ walling from Main Street.
The tender was issued on the 26th of June 2017 and will be returned on the 27th of July 2017, with assessments to be carried out thereafter, to ensure adequate quality of submissions. I would estimate a site start on sometime around mid to late august with work running through until November 2017 dependent on the results of the tender evaluation and programming of works around the shop opening hours
The works to be provided comprise the following main elements :
– 10 New enhanced LED lighting columns will replace the
– A SUDS system and new drainage system will be provided .
– The entire area of existing mono block paviours will be uplifted and replaced with new surfacing as noted on drawings.
– New free standing lean-to glazed canopies will be erected to provide cover to shoppers entering shop premises.
– DDA Access will be provided to all shops in the precinct.
– Improvements to Ochil Street and Main Street, Tullibody :
– Provide additional parking at the south of the Tron Court Shopping Precinct.
– A pedestrian crossing will also be provided to at Main Street
– The existing raised beds will be removed at Main Street and a new stepped access / wall will be constructed with stone effect blocks and stainless steel handrails.
– External play area and Street Furniture:
– An item of play equipment will be sited in the Tron Court area
– stainless steel seating will also be provided at this area and at other positions within the precinct.
522total visits,2visits today